~ Guidelines ~
Dear Internship Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in applying for an internship with the Moreno Valley Master Chorale. The Chorale was established in 1986 by Dr. Rudy Sun. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and any donations to the Chorale are tax deductible. Our mission is to produce, promote, and preserve the live choral experience by fostering community involvement in the vocal arts, while nurturing the joy of musical expression for all.
In line with the above mission statement, we are offering full vocal training internships for one year to a few qualified applicants. The Moreno Valley Master Chorale is offering this program to help qualified youth ages 16-21 receive advanced musical training and singing experience by participating with the chorale as we perform several concerts during the year. Each applicant will need to be recommended by his/ her school music instructor, fill out an application, have parental permission forms signed (if under 18), audition for the Chorale, and be willing to meet the rehearsal and performance guidelines outlined below in this letter.
~ Applicant Guidelines ~
- Each internship applicant must be recommended by his/her high school music teacher, or a Master Chorale member If there is no choral instructor, the band teacher, or counselor may sign the recommendation form.
- Parental permission is required to participate in this program for youth under age 18, and all forms must be filled out before an internship is granted.
- Each applicant must agree to attend rehearsals at the Valley View High School Choir Room from 7:00 to 9:00 P.M. every Monday evening starting in September and continuing up to June. Failure to attend rehearsals may result in the scholarship being rescinded.
- Each applicant must provide his/her own transportation to and from rehearsals and performances, and agree to be on time for rehearsals and performances. In the case of under-aged students, an adult may be required to attend rehearsals as well.
- Each applicant must agree to participate in every performance which the chorale has planned for the current season.
- Each applicant must understand that for each internship, the Chorale will be paying to cover his/her costs for music, dues, etc. and that the applicant will not be receiving a paycheck, or a grant of money.